Peter began his training in 1992 at the Therapeutic Massage Training Center of New Jersey.
He received specific instruction in Anatomy and Physiology, Swedish Therapeutic Massage, Neuromuscular and Clinical massage techniques, Reflexology, Shiatsu, Sports Massage, Hydrotherapy, professional ethics and business practices.
Notable teachers include Ingeborg Schlobohm (founder of the TMTC), Dr. Mark Schlobohm (chiropractor) and Jim Mustillo (former head of the TMTC).
Upon graduation he continued his education with courses in:
- Sports Massage (Carol Kresge)
- Thai Massage with Rose Griscom of the Institute of Thai Massage
- Three Dimensional Massage & the Art of Phenomenal Touch (Leslie Bruder)
- Active Isolated Stretching (AIS) (Aaron Mattes)
- Integrated Manual Therapy and Orthopedic Massage (James Waslaski)
- Fascial-Pelvis Myofascial Release (John F. Barnes)
- Myofascial Cupping PT technique (Joseph Lavacca)
- Regular certification in CPR
Peter’s style is a unique blend of these modalities, and each session is deftly tailored to the needs of the client. He incorporates the use of essential oils (aromatherapy/phytotherapy) in the session which can be two hours, 90 minutes, or one hour in duration.
He helped create the Massage Therapy program at the Chatham Squash & Racquet Club of New Jersey and represented the Cygalle Healing Spa at Fashion Week in New York City. He was the exclusive Massage Therapist with Academic Arrangements Abroad of New York City and has traveled aboard the Sea Cloud II in the Caribbean and Western Europe and the MV Heidelberg in Germany and Austria. Over the past three decades he has worked with a diverse clientele including professionals in the dance and sports community.
Since 2010, Peter, has actively cultivated a sound healing practice utilizing the crystal singing bowls. He performs mediations and accompanies restorative and Yin yoga workshops. He has released two recordings (CDs) or music for meditation and relaxation. The music can accompany massage therapy, meditation, yoga, hypnosis, or any relaxation therapy.